Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Introduction ... and disclaimer:

   I do not have a very promising history with this sort of thing. My past offenses include the absolute and unabashed neglect of a variety of social networking outlets. The unkempt grave of my old Myspace page lies near the bramble covered stone erected over what was once a moderately loved Live Journal. My Facebook page sits untouched for months, collecting layers of app requests I never answer and pokes that go largely ignored.

   With such a fickle and inconsistent relationship with social media, one might ask why would I possible wish to indulge in blogging?

   The answer is simple and practical. This blog will be my cookbook. I adore cooking. For most of my generation it seems a dying art. So few cook anymore. The lack of time is truly epidemic in this county. Between a full time job, aspirations of successfully completing the CPA exam and currently supporting my family, I am far from immune. However, my joy of culinary pursuits is one I hope never to surrender.

   Cooking is truly a marvelous hobby. Good food brings people together. The scent of fresh baked pies brings a warm smile to the face of perfect strangers. A whiff of newly cooling cookies has the uncanny ability to pull an impish grin and sly thieving thoughts from even the most conservative of folk. Everyone loves delicious food. And whether is it the fondly recalled memories of old family traditions or the simple joy of biting into pure decadence after a long and tiring week, all appreciate the efforts and spoils of the chef.

   ... except perhaps kinderflock, unless they get to help. And teenagers of course, but they hardly count. I really don't reckon they get much of an opinion anyway, seeing as any humane individual has continued the age old tradition of locking them in a closet till they reach their early twenties.


               That being said, welcome to Sinfully Delightful!

                                                                 ... may it last longer than its predecessors...


No comments:

Post a Comment